Groupage cargo – it’s when small consignments of goods from different shippers are grouped in one single shipment.
GoodLogistics offers LCL (Less-than-Container-load) and LTL (Less-than-Truckload) services for sea and road freight.
When grouping cargo, transportation costs are shared proportionally among all the senders, and this is the main advantage of this method of transportation.
Cargo groupage is convenient if:
- The volume of the cargo is less than 13 m³;
- You need an urgent delivery: at the peak of the season, sending a groupage cargo to Ukraine and abroad is much easier than shipping a full container (FCL);
- The cargo does not fit in a container, but at the same time it is not sufficient to complete a load of two containers: in this case, you can fill one container and send the remaining cargo as a part of LCL;
- Cargoes are shipped to one destination from several countries simultaneously: at a certain point of the route, you can group cargo and send it in one shipment.
Cargo groupage advantages
- Lower costs: you pay for a certain space in a container, not for shipping a full container;
- The best option when dealing with small consignments: you don’t need to load the container on your own to send the goods;
- Multifunctionality: delivering cargo from several shippers to several consignees.
To order groupage freight call 0 800 300 577 or fill out the feedback form.
First goods are brought to the point of consolidation, then the groupage cargo is formed and loaded. At the destination (port, railway station, airport, warehouse), the cargo is disbanded.
Types of goods prohibited (LCL):
- aerosol cans;
- excise goods;
- perishable products;
- chemical reagents;
- items that do not fit on the pallet.
For details call 0 800 300 577 or leave a request in the feedback form.
- groupage cargo shipping: air, sea and land transport;
- groupage freight from Asia, America, Europe;
- partial load;
- LCL shipping;
- import, export, transit customs clearance;
- hazardous cargo transportation;
- cargo unloading;
- cargo insurance;
- cargo storage at the consolidation warehouse (90-120 days);
- door-to-door delivery.
LTL delivery is often used in intermodal transport. For example, the cargo can be sent on a ship, and then reloaded onto a truck, and so be transported to the final destination.
A shipper does not book the entire vehicle, but only the cargo space in it.
Types of goods prohibited for LTL:
- goods without a pallet;
- bulk cargo;
- oversized cargo without appropriate packaging.
We facilitate shipments from Asia, Europe and other continents. For details call 0 800 300 577 or fill out the feedback form.
Why choose us?
We are valued for:
- offering favorable rates;
- providing high-quality service;
- reducing transportation time and costs;
- preparing all the necessary documentation;
- providing clients with information support 24 hours 7 days a week.
To place an order call 0 800 300 577 or leave a request in the feedback form.